Friday 1 March 2013

The Scene i made up.

Write a short scene involving Verges and Dogberry meeting the watch immediately as they have arrested Conrad and Borachio – malapropisms, misunderstandings, dramatic irony, farce

Scene Enter (Dogberry, Verges, Watchmen 1, watchmen 2.)
Dogberry: Alas! For I, Dogberry. Sir- Sergeant? Captain, hath captured and charged two of the most villainous of villains to have been wondering the world. Attention! {to whole pub}
 I insist that the name Dogberry be written in history novels for maternity! In fact Dogberry will be cause for legend side by side with the greats of Hercules! and others of course. And in my great strength I have triumphed over evil to allow the world to return to status quo. Dogberry, mightiest of mighty.  (company grunts)
Alas, of course I wouldn’t of been able to conjure over the foes without my trusty gentlemen! Cheers! Drink up!
Verges: Cheers!
Watchmen: Cheers!
(all drink)
Member of public: Sir I beg pardon, but, did you mean conquer?
Dogberry: { To Verges} it appears the recent success hath blinded the young squires vision {to man} Are you questioning the mightiest of mightys intelligence? For I, Dogberry, am the most arrested
Verges: Respected, sir.
{ turns to verges} Thankyou,{turns back} respected.  police official in the whole of Italy! And a mighty lover too- for I have conjured many a women in my time {nods at man}
Verges: And as soon as the womenfolk realise the mightys recent success he would have every woman in the land  if he were lucky!
Dogberry: Yes! Exactly! If I was lucky I could have any number of women, in fact, of course I can have any number of woman and that is not just a pigment of my imagination.
Member of Public: You mean figment.
Dogberry: {hushed, to verges} Alas, what does the young man mean?
Verges: Mean by who?
Dogberry: No, he used the word figment, I am quizzing your intelligence by asking you to define. Of course, I do know.
Verges: Pigment? Well of course it is… a fruit. Yes a fruit I’m sure.
Dogberry! Well done, I knew it just. And by this he means?
Verges: Well he must mean you are sweet sir, of course he must realise your mightiness!
Dogberry. {nodding, mumbles} I am mighty. Well of course he meant that!
{to man} I accept your lovely condiment! How nice of you! You obviously were as not as I saw! I saw you as a wolf in cheap clothing! But , mere mortal, this will be the only time you deceive my judgement! For just today I arrested a villain for cursing {to verges} John? {to man}  John! Don? The Prince!
Man: Sheep.
Dogberry: Yes. {looks at verges in agreement}
Verges: You are correct.
Man: What? You are fools!
Watchmen (obviously drunk): We are all sheep. Following the loud. Crowd. The really loud crowd.
Dogberry: Of course, he is a fool. But, only a fool in drunkness, for he is a member of my party! And my party is mighty, for have I told you of how we caught some villains just today!
Verges: Today.
Dogberry: And lots of women like us.


No comments:

Post a Comment